Selling my unrestored “survivor” 1963 Mercury Meteor. The car is in terrific condition in and out and is a strong runner.
I bought this car 6 years ago and drove it home to Denver from Salt Lake City without issue. Since then I have spent a reasonable amount of money making it very drivable. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it out of state. Only time the car left me stranded was because I forgot to turn off the headlights. I am selling it as I will be moving out of state and it is not an appropriate car for the new location. I am not in a rush to sell. I can provide buyer with over $5k in receipts for work mentioned below.
The car seems to have been garaged most of its life and lives in my garage on a battery tender when not being driven.
- Engine: 260 V8
- Transmission: Three speed manual column shift
- All brakes, steering, etc… “Armstrong” powered, manual
- Mechanical fuel pump
- 121.5k miles on the clock. No reason to not believe it.
- Strong runner
- A looker & attention getter
- Front seatbelts installed
- Matching rear seatbelts included (not installed)
- Carpet, seats, headliner, rear tray, all in terrific condition
- Essentially new tires*
- New clutch*
- Serviced drivetrain*
- New brake hardware and drums all around*
- Signs of previous owner engine rebuild, (newer freeze plugs)
- Electronic ignition added when distributor died. Original distributor is not available. Good or not, it is updated.
- New battery (installed after photos on 9/24/2023)
- Paint is as good as one could hope. Looks very clean for not having had a full paint job.
- Previous owner added a UV window coating to protect the interior.
- Chrome is in very good shape. Most spotting in photos is from recent wash that dried before I got to it.
- AM radio works great. First year of solid state, “warms up” like a tube.
- * = Have receipts
- Gas gauge does not rise all the way. I track gas with a pencil and paper.
- Replaced sender, this did not help.
- Small bubble on dashpad passenger side near window. See photos.
- Small spot of clear coat flaked off on trunk. See photos.
- While there is no sign of overspray or tape marks, it is possible it has had touch ups over the years. Paint is consistently good.
- See small tear in front seat. Has been stable the entire time I’ve owned it.
- Driver side mirror could be replaced. Easily sourced. Head is loose.
Receipts available for all work with * above. All receipted work done by reliable mechanic with vintage car experience. “Favorite car I’ve ever had in my shop!”
Vehicle is sold.